Wednesday, August 10, 2011

From the IMDB Dark Knight Rises Message Board:


"Batman is Real! A Study of Quantum Mechanics

by DoctorArthurFielding

Dear IMDB,

Allow me to introduce myself! I am Doctor Arthur Fielding, Astrophysicist and Quantum theoretician. I received my PhD in astrophysics from Columbia University in 1982, and now run a small laboratory where I conduct quantum research with my graduate students.

Why am I telling you this? Well, when I was a boy, I greatly enjoyed reading fantasy stories, science fiction novels, and especially comic books. My favorite comic hero was Batman. I was so captivated by The Dark Knight that I remained convinced until late in my youth that Batman was NOT a fictional character, but a real person. I simply could not fathom that such a dynamic, gritty, wonderful character could be make-believe, and I KNEW that Bruce Wayne must be out there somewhere, fighting crime...

Of course, as I grew older, I began let go of this childish belief. That is, until college, when I first came across quantum theory and was exposed to the many-worlds theory (also called infinite-worlds theory), which states (in layman's terms) that for every event in human history where there is a thinkable alternate outcome, there is a universe in which that outcome has taken place. My young college mind was blown away by this information. Batman was a thinkable concept! There could, indeed, be a universe that contains a real-life batman! My mind reeled, and my dream began; SOMEDAY, I would prove Batman's existence.

I am happy to say that I have succeeded. My machine, codenamed "The One Ring", is a supercomputer that analyzes the quantum signatures of a simple light ray (each ray of light contains billions) and is able to isolate each one and depict it's source. After months of trying, (remember, I have literally trillions of universes to sift through), I have finally several "Batman" universes. I have worked out a way to enter said universe.

One month from today, myself and a team of my students intend to enter one of said universes in the hope that we can bring back The Batman, to share with all my fellow Batman fans. The Dark Knight will truly live.

Please keep in mind that this project is TOP SECRET, and I am only sharing it with you (rest assured, I have left out some crucial details and changed some facts about myself) because of our shared Batman-love. Consider yourselves privileged.

Sincerely,

Doctor Arthur Fielding, PhD."

Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment